2015 Check Presentation of $65,950 to Komen Knoxville


 
Fox Den Country Club was happy to announce that we surpassed the 2015 goal of $60,000 by more than $5,000! Since 2007, over $309,000 has been donated to Komen Knoxville by Fox Den for a Cure!

The money raised throughout the year through multiple fundraising events for Fox Den for a Cure was donated to Komen Knoxville on November 18, 2015. Money was raised through multiple club events including tennis, swimming, and golfing events, as well as social events that included live and silent auctions. Many members got involved by participating in or attending one or more fundraising events, by donating items to our live and silent auction events, or by generously making a monetary donation during Breast Cancer Awareness month in October. Thanks to the Fox Den for a Cure Committee, members at large and sponsors; the Club is proud to announce another record-breaking year for Fox Den for a Cure. Thank you for helping us continue the fight against breast cancer!

History

  • The 2014 check was presented for a total of $66,890.34
  • The 2013 check was presented for a total of $53,740.73
  • The 2012 check was presented for a total of $43,883.89
  • In 2011, Fox Den Country Club was the Susan G. Komen Community Advocate Award Recipient

On Friday, March 30, 2012, our Club received the 2011 Susan G. Komen Community Advocate Award. The Club was awarded this honor because of the $77,000 donated since the inception of Fox Den for a Cure. General Manager, Dave Largent and Committee Chairman, Bill Enser, attended the "Pink Ribbon Tea Party" to receive the award on the Club's behalf. Other committee members in attendance were Carol Stratton, Bobbi Maltzberger, Rob Cameron and Heather Crutcher.  

Our Heritage 

Since 2007, our membership has helped in the fight against breast cancer by hosting the annual Fox Den for a Cure fundraiser. Since Fox Den for a Cure's first event, over $305,000 has been donated to Susan G. Komen Knoxville. 
  
The first year could be considered a “grass roots” effort resulting in the Volley for the Cure Pro- Am tennis event. The goal of the event has always been to help the people of Knoxville by promoting prevention through screening and assisting with support of those diagnosed with breast cancer. Statistically, a staggering one in eight women and 1% of men in this country will have breast cancer. 

In 2010, the activities expanded and broadened to include many more opportunities for members to participate in the fundraising efforts.  The first Silent Auction & Dinner Dance event was held and the golfing members began participating by sponsoring different golfing challenges. The committee took a comprehensive approach in 2011 and renamed the event Fox Den for a Cure. This name change more accurately described where we are today in our efforts to help our community.  

We now have our membership coming together in a variety of ways to donate and raise money for this charity. Of the money the Club donates, 75% is used in our local area for screening and support of breast cancer patients, with the remaining 25% going to research at a national level.